The “My Magical Garden” is a 9 month Block of the Month program. Months 1-6 will include two blocks. Months 7 and 8 will include the instructions for the borders. Month 9 will contain the finishing instructions. You will receive a welcoming email soon after you sign up for the program with more details.
“My Magical Garden” is a queen size quilt measuring 84” x 104”. You’ll have options to make the quilt smaller by eliminating the borders or making only 9 blocks instead of 12.
This is a PDF only Block of the Month program. No printed material will be mailed to you. On the last day of the month you will receive an email notifying you that the PDF patterns and instruction videos are available. You will continue to have access to the patterns and videos after the program ends.
All patterns and images are the property of Sue Pelland Designs and may be printed for personal use only. Patterns may not be shared electronically in any form.
See see this PDF for detailed yardage requirements:
For my sample quilt I used fabric from my stash for the appliqué fabrics and Tim Holtz from Free Spirit Fabrics for the block backgrounds and borders. I have recreated the color scheme for the Fabric Kit however, some of the appliqué and background fabrics are no longer available. Substitutions have been made, so kits may not be identical. All the background fabrics in our current kits are from the Tim Holtz line of fabrics but may vary from those shown in the sample quilt. Purchase your kit before we run out!
At this time we have many of the background fabrics in stock on our website. They are sold by the half yard.
The following styles of Tim Holtz fabric were used in the sample quilt: French Script, Worn Wallpaper, Botanical, Egg Nest, Expedition and Ledger. Ledger was used for both backgrounds and the appliqué borders. We recommend using Warn Wallpaper for the backing of your quilt.
If you are choosing to work from your stash and not from one of our kits, you can use this handy Appliqué Color Chart to help you choose:
Share on Social Media
Please share photos of your work on social media. Using the hashtag #SuePellandBOM will allow us to find and share your pictures. A public Facebook group called "Magical Garden Quilt-Along With Sue Pelland" is available and you are encouraged to post and share your work.
“My Magical Garden” is only available for purchase through Sue Pelland Designs in 2018. It will be made available to quilt shops in 2019. If you are a shop and would like to run this as a BOM or Quilt-Along, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The monthly payment option will only be available until the start of the program and can only be purchased on the web site.
- If you choose this method of payment, please put this item in your cart and go directly to check out. Paypal will help you subscribe, but it will not work if anything else is in your cart.
- You will be billed immediately for first month when you place your order. You will then be billed on that day of the month for the next 8 months for a total of 9 payments of $4.95. These dates may not correspond to the delivery dates of the patterns each month. You may finish paying for the block of the month before the program ends.
- If you cancel your monthly payments, you will continue to have access to the monthly patterns and videos you have paid for but will not have access to future months. No refunds available for previous months.
One Time Payment
- The block of the month can be purchased with a one-time payment of $44.55. This can be purchased on the web site or at the Sue Pelland Designs booth at major quilt shows.
- You will be billed immediately for the full amount when you place your order.
- You may purchase at any time throughout the 9 month program. If joining during the program, you will immediately have access to the previous patterns.
- No refunds available.
Read the Welcome Letter: