Read the general information
To apply to be a Certified Instructor, the first step is to complete the application.
- Download the Application as a PDF and save it to your desktop.
- Open the file and fill it out by typing into the document, or print it and fill it in with a pen.
- If you typed directly into the document, you can email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, mail the hard copy to the address at the bottom of the form.
Applicants are asked to provide a 1-2 page Quilting Biography that includes the following:
- Name, Address, Telephone number, Tax ID number (if you have one).
- Information about yourself, your history with quilting, and your skill level.
- How long have you been using Sue’s tools and what patterns have made?
- Describe your teaching experience with quilting. If you have a marketing brochure, please include a copy. Have you taught anything other than quilting?
- Have you worked or are you currently working in the quilting industry? List your work experience, website, blog, Pinterest and Facebook pages if they relate to your quilt business.
- Why you are taking this instructor training course and what are your goals for using the certification?
You can email this biography or send a hard copy to the same address as the other forms.
Download the recommendation form and give it to at least two people for their recommendation. You can email it to your references so they can type right into the form then they can email it as an attachment to email@example.com. Or they or you can print and they can mail it directly to the address listed on the form (you might want to give them a pre-addressed, pre-stamped envelope).
See further instructions on the form itself.